Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Year



I don't mean to brag....but my kids are sooooo adorable. Where do I begin, well, last night Kamden got his first hair cut. Around here we cut the boys' hair with the clippers. We were trying to let Kal's hair grow out but it just could not happen...his hair is just like mine, very thick and coarse. I was afraid if we let it grow much longer one of his friends may ask him why his hair looks like a mop...


Anyway, Kal got his hair cut and then Kamden, for the first time. I am not sure why but first haircuts always look very choppy. He is very handsome with his new do though. His hair was getting pretty and I would hate to have him mistaken for a girl!
For entertainment down here in the south, we have "Hee Haw" (just as country as the old show). About 200 people gathered tonight at the church for a full blown southern dinner complete with all the fixin's (including collared greens). "Yetti" - Kal's name for Big Eddie - was the MC tonight on his 6th birthday (yes, leap year baby---Happy Birthday!). Great job tonite Yetti...we especially enjoyed your performance with "The Devil Went Down To Georgia"! Kal and Adam did a segment and sang complete with their guitars and everything. They did "Dreams" by Andrew Peterson. The song is wonderful all in itself but to see my hubby and oldest son up their singing. IT WAS PRECIOUS! I tried to get pictures but my camera could not get a good picture, my flash was messed up! We did get some great video though. I will be sure to post the video once we get it off the camera and onto the computer!
I went consigning today with my sister-in-law. It was a lot of fun! I came home with all sorts of great treasures. The boys did not need much but I got them some play clothes, shoes, baseball pants, and even a bicycle helmet. Thanks Kelly for going shopping with me! It was nice to get out some this morning.
Well, that's all for tonite...enjoy your weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven't been to your blog much, but now that I have added it to my favorites list I should be here daily. Who knows? I may even be inspired to do my own!!
I had a great time with you yesterday. I don't get to spend that much time with you (without 20 kids running around us anyway).
Love ya!
Kelly