Monday, April 14, 2008

Spider-Kid and Huggy Baby

by Adam

When I arrived home from work today I was immedialtely accosted by a diminuitive SpiderMan, sans mask. "Dad, can we wrestle?" Feeling very much the villain, I replied in my most menacing tone, "Yep". Taking Kamden hostage I made my way to the boys' room where Spider-Kid and I drew our battle lines. We sepnt the next 45 minutes "destroying" each other with pillows (me) and invisible webs (Spider-Kid). Every so often Kamden, feeling left out, would insert himself into the fray and give Dad hugs, wrapping his stubby arms around my chest, laying his head down and cooing "Awwwwww". Spider-Kid took this distincly non-wreslting behavior in stride and I enjoyed the brief respite from the "gentle" kicks and punches of the superhero wannabe who claims to love me. It was great fun and just what I needed today. Whatever anxieties and stresses had been weighing on me during the mind-numbing drive home dissipated like fog in the sun when my boys made me the center of their prodigious attention. I love being a Dad.
Now, at 10:30 p.m. I finally get a few moments of face time with Sara, who just finished work. So I'll sign off, the proud pater familia of Spider-Kid and Huggy Baby.

1 comment:

treasureseeker said...

Wow an Adam blog, that's different! Look at you getting all bloggy!