Wednesday, August 11, 2010

So Is The Silence

So is the silence. First day and I was hoping to get to hear all about it. Nope. Not Kal. He had nothing to say except for "it was not what I expected." Is this good? Is this bad? I don't know. Kamden and I drilled him with questions. Kamden started by asking if he had made any friends. I asked him what he ate for lunch. We got, "yes" and "mashed potatoes that smelled like green beans." GREAT. I do think, overall, it was a good enough experience for him. He does want to go back tomorrow. He was so brave today, went in without so much as a wave good-bye.

Kamden and I had a busy day today too. I was, of course, up early to start work. Then Kamden got a hair cut, came back for a couple of hours, then went to the dentist (for the first time). That kid is too much. He charmed his way through both the haircut and the dentist visit. He kept telling the dentist "this is awesome!" I think he made an impression. The girl cleaning his teeth would stop every once in a while and say "You are just too cute!" He sure can work his magic. It's a good thing he is cute, because he sure is a pill. He is so full of personality, I love it!

I, for one, am very glad the day is over, well, except for the homework Kal's teacher gave me. Kal told me there were 100 pages and Adam and I can split it 50 pages each. Thanks. Sad thing is, that's pretty close to accurate!

No comments: