Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cleaning House

As I write this, there are two strange men in my home cleaning the duct work. The dog is locked up, Kamden is confined to the couch (with me), and I cannot do any work as it is sooooo loud. I do not like having strange men in my home ever, especially when Adam is not home, but I know in the end our duct work will be clean!! This means a more heat/air efficient home, less dust mites and particles in the house, less dust. I look forward this evening to cleaning the house and having it stay clean (excluding the constant clutter that comes along with all of the boys in my house), cleaning the fish bowl and not seeing a film of dust coating the water again only hours afterward, the fresh smell of the home (hopefully rid of the stale smoke and old lady once and for all), and the list goes on. There is a lot to be said about a clean house...clean to the bones, behind the scenes.

On a similar note, Adam just called and informed me that he had just gotten word that he has been hired (for a second job) cleaning for Evansville Christian School that meets at the church. This is fantastic news for us. He will have to work 3 hours a night, 6 nights a week. YUCK. But, the extra cash will help us pay off our debt much, much quicker and get Adam into school for his Master's degree that much sooner.

It is only 10 am and I have already had a huge reminder that sometimes blessings come from sacrifice and a good cleaning. It all leads to a fresh start, new opportunities to be good stewards, to recognize our blessings as blessings. The sacrifices we have to endure are so minor when we look at the whole picture. Who am I to grumble and complain about strange men in my house or Adam's late night work schedule? Great things will come from both!! I look forward to the fresh start. Cleaning the inner workings...of both my house and of our disciplines. Here's to a clean house!

No comments: