Friday, December 12, 2008

FUN

So yesterday (in the FREEZING COLD) we went tree shopping...30 years of life and never an artificial tree...hmmmm maybe next year! Anyway, we found a very nice tree or should I say trees. The house we just moved into is an older home and it has a built in brick planter right by the front door. It is okay, nothing I am going to rip out right away but I did have to clear it from the sea shells and articial bouquet shortly after we moved in. We found a very small, maybe 2 foot tall, real tree. We strapped the bigger tree to the top of the minivan and put the smaller one in back and headed home. We brought it in and after a couple of hours of deciding where to put it, we set it up and got the lights on. Now, in the past, Kal has never been too excited about the tree, he had always liked to play with the ornaments and stuff but never really cared much. Well, this year, I he became a very good decorator. Kamden enjoyed helping too...he is very talented, he managed to get 3 candy canes at the end of one little branch and they stayed there. With the exception of having to move a couple of candy canes I did not have to de-decorate or re-arrange after the boys went to bed. It was nice!






Today, I branched out of my comfort zone and went to a cookie swap. Now, let me clarify, cookie swapping is not scary...its the not knowing anybody because we just moved here scary that I am talking about. I met this lady from church a couple of weeks ago and she had invited me. I went, I mingled, I met a couple more girls from the church that I had not met who had small children (woo-hoo!) and I met the whole staff from a local dentist office --cookie swap is kind-of a funny place to meet them! I had a lot of fun and I even learned how to make home made thin mints!!!!!!








On top of all of that fun, there were a few small snow flurries today!

No comments: