Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Okay, so this post has nothing to do with Halloween but with my oldest child who apparently is "anti-Halloween". I could not get him to dress up for school today. He FLAT OUT refused...I did not push the issue.

But, this morning right after breakfast the following happened:

Kal: Mom, can I have a pencil and some paper?
Me: Sure...here. Why do you need them?
Kal: I have something cool to write.
Me: Oh, OK...(he has been working on writing "words" for several weeks now and it just a bunch of letters)

A few minutes later he brings me a piece of paper. I look at it and it says "Kal is Kal."

Me: Very good Kal, you wrote a sentence...and the word "is".
Kal: Yep...I'll be right back.

A few minutes later he brings me another piece of paper. I look at it and it says "Kal is Kal forever."

Me: Kal...WOW...you wrote the word "forever"! How did you learn to spell that?
Kal: I just sounded it out!

That is just super cool. Today was his last day at school before we move and he goes to a new school. I have been really impressed with his preschool here and I am sad he has to go as he has apparently learned a lot! I am sure his new school will be just fine. It was nice though today they gave him a present for being his last day today!

Anyway, just thought I would take the opportunity to brag on my kid!

No comments: