Monday, May 5, 2008

Surprise!

This week (Wednesday) marks the fact that 30 years have now passed since my mother gave birth to her oldest child...(Okay, I celebrate my 30th birthday...there...I said it).

So, this Saturday I casually went out to a movie "Baby Mama" (good movie by the way), with my friend Krista...fun times. It was so nice to get away for a Saturday afternoon. Afterward, we had to run to the church because I needed to pick up a book for Adam and she needed some ice for a wedding shower she was throwing for her niece the next day. So, we head to the church, I walk into the room to get the book and SURPRISE!

There was a party waiting for me! Adam had been planning this surprise party for me for months! I was REALLY surprised! The whole room (and the people in it) was totally 80s! There were posters of 80s movies, 80s songs were playing when I walked in! Everybody was wearing leg warmers, cut off jeans with off-the-shoulder shirts, bright blue and/or pink eye shadow, glittery pink and orange spray in the massively teased hair-dos. The guys basically dressed like their wives 80s hearthrobs! My father-in-law even came as Indiana Jones! Adam put in a ton of time planning this and it was wonderful! We had our jelly bracelets, my cake was a boom box, I even got a Goonies lunch box out of the deal! It was fun to let loose and enjoy the party! Krista was in on it the whole time!

My sister and brother-in-law came down from Kentucky...all dressed up! It was great fun! Thanks Adam for organizing the party...and pulling it off! Below are just a few pictures, we should have more when Kelly gets hers pulled together! But....here's a taste of the action:

Kelly and Brian:

Ross and Lindsey (and Eddie):

Katie (and Lisa):

Krista and Nancy:

Me (and Lisa):

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What no guys with mullets! Your goofy older neighbor kid had one. Happy 30th Sara!
Andy Layman