Friday, May 16, 2008

Catching Up

So much has happened in the past week plus! Sorry for being so slow to post! Well, I did it. I turned 30. I got to enjoy a Braves game (with great seats) to celebrate. Eddie and Nancy joined us...it was great fun!

Adam and I also went downtown ATL to the Shakspeare Tavern with Kelly and Brian. We had a very nice dinner and enjoyed a wonderful interpretation of A Midsummer Night's Dream. It was fabulous!

Kal had a Mother's Day brunch at school that I got to attend. It was very nice. His class sang a song then we ate a very nice mid-morning meal. It was very nice to watch Kal in action at school, and to see him interact with his friends. I got some pictures but the lighting was not quite right and there is a ton of red eye. I think my camera is supposed to catch that automatically...oh well.

Speaking of Mother's Day, mine was particularly special. Kal had made me a very nice breakfast, waffles topped with strawberries and whipped cream, a glass of milk, and coffee. He wrote me a card and got me a yellow mum. Adam said he negotiated with the florist. He wanted something yellow that would not die quickly...a yellow mum. How sweet! Kamden of course was completely involved in all of this too. Another very special part of the day is that my mother was down to visit and I got to spend Mother's Day with her! After church we went to La Parilla, a favorite of mine, Katie, Janet, Grandmother, and my mom...so it worked out great that all of us "moms" got to enjoy such a nice lunch. We even got roses! It was very special to share that meal together.



Well, Kal officially completed his first year in preschool. He really enjoyed the year and learned a lot! He had a small ceremony and an ice cream party afterward that I got to attend. They, again, sang a song then got their diplomas. It was adorable!

I am so blessed to have Adam and my boys. Kudos to Adam for working so hard to make this "big celebration" month special! We will celebrate our anniversary next week too...#8! Speaking of anniversary...shout out to Kelly and Brian on celebrating their 3rd yesterday!


I will try to update in a more timely manner next time...but until then...



No comments: