Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Girls' Weekend Out!

So, this past weekend, my sister-in-law Katie, our friend Nancy and I went to Savannah to escape. We had a great time. We spent Saturday on the beach. The weather was beautiful. I have a slight phobia of the ocean; the awesomeness is just too much for me, but I did get in (briefly). Katie and Nancy enjoyed the water and even shared it with a dolphin! He was just swimming around out there with everyone out enjoying the water!

Speaking of dolphins, we took a boat out dolphin watching. We cruised the river then moved out to the Atlantic and found a buch of dolphins. They were playing and popping up to see us! We all went to the back of the boat and the guide picked up the pace to make a big wake and the dolphins went "surfing". It was really cool to see! Below is a picture of the three of us just before getting on the boat:
As we were cruising the river looking for dolphins we spotted something:


Yes, that is a deer! Well, a fawn anyway! It was just swimming across the river to get to the other side! The guide said he had never seen anything like it!

Speaking of deer, Tuesday while I was working, I saw something out the window, and yes, it was this deer. We have seen her quite a few times in the time we have lived in this house but rarely in the middle of the afternoon!
Well, I have so much more to say about our trip but I really need to organize my thoughts, so maybe I will post more as I think about it. Until next time...

No comments: